Looking for a great event to visit? You’ll find several throughout the year here in the Cumberlands!
• Winterfest: Say goodbye to winter and hello to spring with an ATV ride through the Cumberland Mountains. Location: Brimstone Recreation. When: 1st Saturday of March. brimstonerecreation.com
• Spring Planting Festival: A celebration of the planting season that honors the way our ancestors did it in Big South Fork Country years ago. Location: Bandy Creek, Big South Fork. When: 4th Saturday of April. nps.gov/biso
• White Knuckle Event: Mix great country music with the allure of ATV riding through the mountains at this annual holiday weekend event. Location: Brimstone Recreation. When: Friday/Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. whiteknuckleevent.com
• Full Throttle: Some of country music’s biggest legends take the stage on the banks of New River against the backdrop of ATV riding through the Cumberland Mountains. Location: Trails End Campground. When: Friday/Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. camptrailsend.com
• Firemen’s Fourth Festival: Americana and patriotism are on full display at this annual Independence Day celebration on the historic courthouse mall in downtown Huntsville. Location: Town of Huntsville. When: July 3-4. huntsville-tn.com
• Ridin’ Dirty: Say goodbye to summer with country music concerts that welcome ATV riders and everyone else. Location: Trails End Campground. When: Friday/Saturday of Labor Day weekend. camptrailsend.com
• Wings Over Big South Fork: The region’s biggest air show is hosted at the Scott County Airport just outside the Big South Fork NRRA . . . with free admission! Location: Scott County Airport. When: 2nd Saturday of September. wingsoverbigsouthfork.com
• Camp RZR Brimstone: Polaris brings the nation’s biggest celebration of ATV riding to Huntsville in September. Location: Brimstone Recreation. When: Friday, Saturday of 3rd weekend of September. camprzrbrimstone.com
• Haunting in the Hills: A full day of festivities is capped with ghost stories at the Big South Fork’s annual storytelling festival. Location: Bandy Creek, Big South Fork. When: 3rd Saturday of September. nps.gov/biso
• Heritage Festival: Step back in time to pioneer days in Appalachia at the Museum of Scott County, where you’ll find everyone in character — demonstrating everything from soap-making to flint-knapping to gun-making. Location: Scott High School. When: 4th Saturday of September. museum.scottcounty.net
Need more? Visit DiscoverScott.com.